Sunday 12 May 2013

Unexpected Outcomes: Blog Post Rewind

This post first appeared on http://adrianakraft.com/blog on 5.2.13

Writers are essentially problem solvers. They pose a question to themselves and then they have to find a way to answer it in a way that will satisfy their readers. Exploring ideas and seeing where they can take you - that’s the fun bit. 

Two Hearts was a story I really enjoyed writing.  The initial impetus was a brief to write a story with a Halloween theme.  That got me thinking about graveyards and superstition.  Recently I’d come across a local press article about what can happen if a grave isn’t dug properly.

Who hasn’t taken a short cut home through a graveyard?  Who hasn’t enjoyed an impromptu sex session outdoors in a place where they might get caught? On a dark but moonlit night?  (Oops, maybe just me, then!).   Anyway, I took this premise and then thought, “what if?”  The main character, Lucy, came quickly, so to speak, and I had plenty of experience working in marketing teams to give me the backdrop for her workplace. All the ingredients were there, but there was something missing.  Something significant.   

A chance meeting with a friend, who was distraught after losing a precious earring with sentimental value during a casual sexual encounter, provided the missing piece of the jigsaw.

I pulled these disparate elements together and Two Hearts was born.  Lucy, the main character, initially has no conscience (or pretends to herself about this).  Deep down, she would love to find the right man, and by the end of the story she has changed – in several ways – as a result of her spontaneous erotic experiences.

It became darkly humorous, explicit and, I am told by readers, the tone is quirky.  I certainly didn’t intend it to be romantic but that’s what happened.   So it wasn’t just Lucy that had an unexpected outcome.  I hope you enjoy it!


Extract from Two Hearts, story in Second Helpings

We curled up side by side, and he wrapped one arm around me, stroking my face, the other cupping my right breast. It felt safe and reassuring. I nestled my head in the dark hair of his chest, one hand resting on his sleeping cock. We probably dozed for a while but the next thing I knew, I could feel him stirring in my hand, twitching invitingly back to life.
‘Room for dessert?’ I murmured suggestively, before flicking his rampant knob with the tip of my tongue, savouring the salty taste my juices had left on him, devouring him. Minutes later, I had impaled myself on his cock, and was straddling him, plunging up and down, while he stroked my clitoris, playing with me, coaxing me to orgasm until we rapidly exploded together. For a while, we both lay gasping in each other’s arms, exhausted and spent. It felt so natural and different. I felt different. Had it been more than just a casual sexual encounter?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Surely everyone deserves a second chance? Second Helpings: Three sexy stories. Quirky, romantic erotica with a twist. 

Words and Actions
Alys’s drunken one night stand with an ex-boyfriend puts her relationship with her beloved partner Lee in jeopardy, leaving her desperate to put things right. On the way to a party, their car breaks down in the middle of nowhere on a dark and stormy night and Lee’s unexpected behaviour is both surprising and arousing….

Two Hearts
Lucy knows deep down that her passionate affair with married businessman Callum is going nowhere, but when he suggests an erotic encounter in a graveyard, what happens next leads Lucy to a sexy stranger who may be the one to find her heart. 

Second Helpings
Shannon and Jay’s sex life has taken a nose dive so Shannon decides it’s time to spice things up. But an invitation to dinner with Jay’s sophisticated parents leads to an evening full of raunchy surprises – and a life changing decision.

More information/buy link: Available as an e-book from Amazon UK and US

Also available from: Amazon.de, Amazon.es, Amazon.fr, Amazon.co.jp, Amazon.it,  Amazon.com.br, and Amazon.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment